By Myasnitskaya lanes: from Masons to Armenians
Our route – are the lanes of Myasnitskaya, from Arkhangelskoye to Luchnikova. Myasnitskaya is actually the main street of Moscow in the Petrine era, the area was rich before that time too, so these places are a real encyclopedia of architecture of the 17th and 18th centuries! Masons
You can read in some buildings how they were rebuilt during several centuries, there are surprisingly colorful labyrinths of yards. And if we talk about the stories connected with these places, then here are the Peter’s servitors, and bloody murders, and the famous pharmacists, Masonic printshops, porcelain kings and much more.
- Why did duke Menshikov build the highest tower in Moscow?
- Is the Armenian Embassy accidental in the Armenian Lane?
- Why wasn’t this area burned in 1812?
- Why was a bear brought to the Lubyanka Square every day?
- Who called Pushkin “a nothing promising mug”?
- How did the 21-year-old poet die?
- Where was the most terrible monument of post-revolutionary Moscow?
• What did remain of a completely disappeared monastery?
More unique tours and excursions on our website. Follow the link and choose smart holidays!