Alexander Ivanov will lead us by secret paths from Kurskaya to Baumanskaya
We will plunge into the industrial quarter of the late 19th century and see the only old brick gas holders situated in Moscow We’ll walk along the quiet and cozy side streets of the Gorokhovoye pole, see a huge wooden palace, the most amazing Old Believer church in the Art Nouveau style, a masterpiece of brick style, baths in the Moorish spirit.
We’ll wander along the route of the flooded river and marvel at the sweep of the local estates. Around – Basmanny and German Sloboda – elite districts of the 18th century with all the consequences, so these places are imbued with fascinating stories about Demidov, Razumovsky and other noble families.
– How many wooden houses in Moscow survived the fire of 1812?
– What tragedy occurred at the Moscow gas plant in the early 20th century?
– Why did Napoleon’s niece receive money from the Ural plants?
– Where is the “Haunted House” located in these areas, and what is its history?
– What kind of church was built from the stones of the disappeared ancient monastery?
– To what inhabitant of Moscow was a monument erected in Florence?
– The owner of which estate forbade the servants to dust his cabinet?
– Where can a reserve of classicism architecture be found?
More unique tours and excursions on our website. Follow the link and choose smart holidays!