LENA PILLARS NATURE PARK in Yakutiya ON THE LENA RIVER
1-Day Overland Winter Tour from Yakutsk Take a chance to see Lena Pillars Nature Park, UNESCO’s World Heritage, in the wintertime. Duration: 1 day. Group size: 1 – 10 people.
Distance: 200 km one way or 400 round trip.
Dates: Private trips: Any day on request. Group trips on travelers’ requests If you’re looking for travel mates, let us know in advance, so we could inform others to join you and share trip expenses. In the meantime, we can’t guarantee a group trip to take place on your wished date. On travelers’ prior requests, we gather groups for: 24-27 December 2017 – any of these dates requested by one Spanish traveler. Please, note that the first week of April is the last chance to travel on the ice-and-winter road from Yakutsk to Lena Pillars Nature Park. In the midst of April, ice roads are officially closed.
07:00 – 07:45 – Picking up travellers at their places of stay in town;
08:00 – Exiting Yakutsk.
08:00 – 13:30 – Drive from Yakutsk to the village of Batagai located on the western bank of the Lena River in front of Lena Pillars Nature Park. Road distance is ~200 km.
13:30 – 16:30 – Time in the area of Batagai and Lena Pillars:
– Hot tea/coffee.
– Crossing the Lena River on the ice by snowmobile. Sitting on a sleigh.
– Free time on the territory of the Lena Pillars. Going upstairs to the top view deck of Lena Pillars is optional, but not obligatory.
– Dinner inside the heated guest house.
16:30 – 17:00 – Snowmobiling back to a vehicle. In March-April, the ice road might be extended right to Lena Pillars.
17:00 – 21:00 – Driving back to Yakutsk.
21:00 – Arrival back to Yakutsk.
Timing depends on the quantity and duration of stops en route.
– Off-road transport for transfer en route Yakutsk – Batamai – Yakutsk. Round trip distance is 400 km. Half of the trip goes on the ice road;
– English-, German-, French-, Spanish- or Chinese-speaking guide;
– snowmobile with a passenger sled for crossing the Lena River (round trip), 3 km one way;
– entry permission for Lena Pillars Nature Park;
– entrance to a heated wooden house at Lena Pillars Nature Park;
– meals (cooked and packed in lunchboxes by Yakutsk-based restaurant);
– warm down parka from the Russian brand “NorthWestFur” (if available & requested in advance);
– Russian-style felt boots (if available & requested in advance);
– hot tea.