The city of Smolensk princes of Mozhaisk, written in 1231, became part of the Moscow principality at the beginning of the XIV century. In the XVI century the Kremlin of Mozhaisk has found stone walls and towers. In the years 1779-1814.
Over the Mozhaisk Kremlin, the majestic St. Nicholas Cathedral was built using white stone blocks obtained after the walls of the fortress were dismantled.
The Church of Joachim and Anna, located on the land of Mozhaisk, preserved an ancient white-stone wall, preserved from the abolished Joachimovsky Monastery, which was renamed in 1564,
Luzhetsky Ferapontov monastery was founded by the Monk Feropont in the northern suburb of Mozhaisk in 1408, at the request of Prince Andrey Dmitrievich Mozhaysky. The monastery is located on the high right bank of the Moscow River in a beautiful place. There is a spring under the mountain. In one kilometer from the monastery the source and bathing place of St. Ferapont was restored. A half-kilometer from the monastery is a farm with llamas, horses and other animals.
On the Borodino field the church of the village of Borodino of the Nativity of Christ, built in 1697-1701, is the only surviving building that witnessed the great battle of 1812. We will visit this temple, especially since the battle began just at its walls. We will visit the Rayevsky battery, the museum and the Spaso-Borodino monastery.
Uspensky Kolotsky Monastery was founded in 1413, under Prince Andrey Dmitrievich Mozhaisk. The monastery is reborn. His bell-tower remembers Napoleon. The monastery has a special charm.