Zayauzie, Shvivaya or Shvivaya Hill is one of the most interesting districts of the city. Walking tour in Moscow
From the rest of the center of Moscow it is separated by the river Yauza, and the district is not similar to the others. It has its own special atmosphere, its color. Picturesque alleys and streets that descend from the hills. tour in Moscow
Where you can meet the architecture of Godunov’s time, and the ornament of the 17th century, and baroque, and classicism, and chic modern, and beautiful wooden architecture, as well as the good examples of Stalin’s style, the most famous of which is the skyscraper on the Kotelnicheskaya. Not surprisingly, all these buildings contain many fascinating stories.
– Why did the architect-innovator suddenly begin to build in an archaic style?
– Who was called “male saltychiha”?
– For what reason were two churches of Cosma and Damian standing on the same street?
– How did the old ladies make a fire in the poorhouse?
– In the basement of which house were found skeletons, chained to the wall?
– What kind of person managed to live many years with a bullet in a head?
– Which house on Shvivaya Hill was liked most of all by cockroaches?
– From what place of Shvivaya Hill was the Kremlin fired at?
More unique tours and excursions on our website. Follow the link and choose smart holidays!