YANSTROI, STALIN’S GULAG LABOUR CAMP.
Winter Road Trip from Yakutsk, Siberia / Russia.
Unique trip from Yakutsk to Soviet GULAG’s Labour Camps called “YanStroi.” One of the most toughest place for Stalin’s prisoners to survive. Its inmates were assigned to construct the road to the North through Big and Small Olchan Mountain Passes. Those camps were located in such remote areas that they managed to stay untouched since the gloomest period of history of USSR.
Accessable in the wintertime. Upon request only.
3-Day Guided Tour to GULAG Labour Camp
Group size: 1-4 persons.
Trip Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
Recommended period: January till the first week of April.
Type of travel: road trip.
Means of transport: Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Mitsubishi Delica or other type of 4wd transport.
Location of the visit: Camps are located between Topolinoe and the Kolyma Federal Road.
Starting point of the trip: Yakutsk, Russia’s Siberia.
– Khandyga (map), the end of the famous Road of Bones, constructed from Magadan by GULAG prisoners in 1940s.
– Teply Klyuch town that used to be one of airports on the Alaska- Siberian air road and accepted Lend-Lease aircraft received by the Soviet from the Northwest Staging Route. Wiki.
– GULAG Museum in Teply Klyuch (map).
– GULAG’s Labour Camps (see photos above).
– Sakha Historical & Architectural Museum in Cherkekh village.
More unique tours and excursions on our website. Follow the link and choose smart holidays!