Novaya Basmannaya Street and the adjacent blocks are the most extant place from the areas outside the Garden Ring moscow streets
Moreover many buildings have been kept since the middle, and even the beginning of the XVIII century. Affected by the proximity of the German settlement. A lot of rich estates were built on Basmannaya street at that time. In these places – an incredible number of interesting examples of architecture of the XVIII, XIX and XX centuries. Which are associated with many bright stories and legends, are found. The route ends on the territory of the ancient village of Elokhova, which has a rich history too. We’ll learn: moscow streets
– Which building, according to legend, was designed by Peter I?
– Where can the street curb made of the tombstone be found?
– What events formed the basis of one of the episodes of the novel «12 chairs»?
– Who was fatally knocked on the head with a brick on Novaya Basmannaya?
– Where did one of the heroes of the painting “Unequal Marriage” live?
– How were Alexander Dumas and the bodyguard of Empress Elizabeth related?
– Where did the «Basmanny thinker» live and why he was declared crazy?
– What kind of the courtyard did appear in the image of a medieval European city?
– Whose children recorded their father-landowner in serfdom?
More unique tours and excursions on our website. Follow the link and choose smart holidays!